The Move

Well, the time has come for us to go sign the lease on a house in Mississippi. Anyone that knows me knows this is going to be very hard to do. This is where I hear the "God is sovereign, He knows best, He is in control" speech. I have spoken it to myself over and over again. I know it is true....but you know what? It is still hard.
The past year and a half has been so beneficial to me.  I have fallen in love with the area I am in and have made friendships that will change in some form or fashion when I move no matter how much we don't want them to. I am really going to miss so many things, a lot of little things. The people for sure and the kids around here at the complex definitely.  I know God will give me all that I need no matter what my location. We were nervous when we moved over here and I tried to look at it as an adventure. Things went better than we could have imagined. I know that the God I serve that made that happen is  the same God that I serve while this is happening. I know He is wise and this WILL work out for my good and His glory. I just can't pretend that I am not a sinner in need of His forgiveness and grace at this time in this situation. So, there is my confession and my prayer request as well, pray for me to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh during this time. (Nolan will appreciate all prayers :)
I am going to look at this as another adventure and try to be excited about what He is doing. I feel torn between excitement of what is to come and sorrow at what will be lost. I want to be a good example for the kids bc they are struggling as well.......so far, they have a really good example of how to confess selfishness. I am working on the picture of submission :)
Hopefully I will have many tales to tell :)

Comments

  1. Are yall moving back to Vancleave? Pascagoula is nice too! Hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I am Learning from Parenting